The accuracy, speed and overall cost savings varies from one CNC turning center to another. Belrick utilities a variety of turning centers for different applications:
- Our latest twin spindle turning center is equipped Y axis live milling. This allows for more efficient live milling and the ability to machine surfaces that are off center.
- Our 6 turning centers equipped with live milling, range from 2 axis, 4 axis, 6 axis, & 8 axis of movement, single & multiple spindles. This greatly enhances our machining capabilities.
- Our LU-45, has 33 inch maximum diameter equipped with 60 horse power spindle and a 12 foot bar feed that handle up to 4” diameter material through the spindle.
- Our 4-Axis turning centers enables us to turn two surfaces simultaneously. This has advantages not only in reduced cycle times but also in machining thin walled parts. Glass scales on the turning center allows repetitive close tolerance work. Two of our four axis turning centers are equipped with live tooling.
- Our larger 40 AND 60 horsepower lathes are well suited for medium size parts (3-44 inch diameter and up to 72” length) were high metal removal rates are the most important factor in cost efficiency.
Belrick Corp. has turned a large variety of raw materials including, but not limited to: Low carbon, alloy, stainless, and tool steels; high temperature SS alloys, aluminum, titanium, zinc, bronze, copper, cast iron, ductile, and plastics. We are well experienced with castings, forgings, bar stock, specialty extrusions, and tubing.
Our customer base tends to use us for parts weighing from an ounce to sixty pounds; usually requiring machining on more than one axis. They describe their parts with names such as: cylinder, housing, bushing, body, bolt, screw, sleeve, adapter, axle, wheel, cap, spacer, core and plate; though they are often move complex than their names imply.
Look through our turning photo gallery for examples of parts the fit well with our capabilities.